Client requested a mobile web application that could be used by businesses to hire and manage workers via an online interface rather than onsite. The objective of developing this app was to find and hire resources, view the work in progress and enable businesses to staff and down as and when required from a mobile interface. This application should be used by both workers and employers. This application also enables project accomplishment on any technology.
Some features for this application include:
- Ability for a skilled user to register and send invitations
- Ability to post Jobs, view proposals for the job and hire resources online.
- Ability to manage user profiles online along with images uploading facilities.
- Features for push notifications.
- Provide service providers with the facility to view jobs and bid for the same for hirers to
- Messaging facility for workroom, manages Inbox for project-related communication.
- Attachment transfers and viewing should be highly secure.
- Team management features for viewing the team members and the projects that they are working on.
- Tracking of team records and other details in order for the team to work efficiently.
- Messages and alerts are sent on mobiles
- Implementation of a robust database to manage all user profiles and user statistics.
The team faced the following challenges:
- Creating a photo viewing function similar to Facebook came as a challenge as the viewing experience had to be as fine as seen in various social networking sites.
- Server access using OAuth standards with hexadecimal encryption for credential security.
- User Security needed to be ensured with password locks, incorrect password triggers to specified time of phone lock, unlocking of phone through logging into web application, and so on.
- Pull to reload feature needed to be added.
|Technology||Functional Programming in C
Object-Oriented Programming in Objective-C Model-View-Controller (MVC) in Cocoa-Touch
|Languages||Objective-C using the Cocoa Framework|
|Tools||Xcode Iphone SDk interface builder Xcode Instruments Analysis tools|
|Quality Assurance Testers||2|
Objective C was used for the design approach using the Cocoa Framework. Various other tools were used to enhance the app performance over a wireless device.
- A smooth functioning database for constant storage and retrieval of data was required.
- Complex queries were handled using stored procedures.
- An interface translating the object logic to the relational logic was used to communicate
with the relational databases in an object-oriented manner to be able to effectively access the database.
- The images, application and other data were kept on separate servers hence keeping the UI free from the business logic.
- Application needed to be highly scalable as per market changes.
A four tier approach was used to accommodate for the enormous nature of the mobile application
- Database Layer – Consisted of tables and stored procedures, MSSQL Database Server for
- Data Access Layer – Consisted of libraries that are used for communication with the database.
- Business Logic Layer – Includes user profile creation, registration, and so on pertaining to
- User Interface Layer – this forms the GUI for users.
The resulting application provided for a comprehensive solution for online hiring and working. The application had easy web access that enabled project management through GPRS. The system had the capability of providing users with numerous options for managing proposals and tracking activity for hired resources. Reply enabled alerts and messages could be sent to gain valuable user preferences, statistics and other user-related information.
The site was developed and funny functional within a span of 6 months.