Download PDF Client RequirementThe website aims at being one stop shop for information on products for sport tours. The website behaves as a new revenue channel for clubs and tours through respective members and supporters contributing during their participation in cash back affiliates. The website targets at streamlining the communication between tour, tournament organizers and tourists. The end user is enabled to share his/her experiences during the tours with the virtual world.
ChallengesTeam faced the following challenges:
- The site will be a comprehensive networking for the players of the different sports of different clubs.
- The site will be a platform for the players of the different clubs going on the tours for the tournaments.
- The site will be the one stop shop for the tours.
- Incorporating the affiliates on the site and giving the players extra cash-back on the products.
- The site will be selling the virtual products on the site.
- The site will be having the Facebook Application called My Sports Venues.
- Incorporating Open ID concept.
- Incorporating the real-time city finding and showing the map of the city using the web-services.
- Incorporating the features of accepting the tour/tournament fees on the site. The payment will be directly credited to the club’s account.
- Credit purchases through PayPal for the clubs and individual.
- Interactive tour/tournament search based on the geographical region and sports. Search the tours based on the tour destination, tour departure location etc.
- The site will be having unique concepts of honours board, tour/tournament ranking, league events etc.
|PHP||A suitable managed code development environment for handling the extensive project.|
|Red hat Linux||Sturdy and stable operating system with high level functionalities for online development|
|My SQL||Versatile, low-maintenance database management system Cross-platform compatible database component of the LAMP platform|
|MS Visio||Integrated tool best suited for modular architecture and iterative development of software|
|Subversion (SVN)||Ideal application providing stratified storage and back up of code files|
|Symfony Framework||Symfony is a full-stack framework, a library of cohesive classes written in PHP|
|Quality Assurance Testers||2|
PlanningThe following four-tier development approach was adopted to equip the site with numerous features and functionality mentioned before:
- The Database layer containing MySQL Server Database, Tables, stored procedures and so on.
- The Data Access layer containing the libraries responsible for accessing data from database.
- The Business Layer DLL consisting of all business logic procedures for modules like Offices, Properties, Maps etc
- The User Interface Layer which forms the Graphical User Interface of the website.