Introduction to CMS
CMS is the collection of procedures used to manage work flow or the flow of content in a collaborative environment. It is a tool that enables a variety of technical and non-technical staff to create, edit, manage, and finally publish a variety of content while being constrained by a centralized set of rules, process and workflows that ensures coherent, validated electronic content. The content may include text, graphics, video, documents, etc.
The content management needs to address the following needs:
- Ease the process of posting content articles and images to the web site for the actual writers.
- Control how the content looks on the page. I.e. prevent eccentric content owners from creating Jazzy backgrounds and blinking texts.
- Reuse that content in other places, not just the Web, so that one writer can cover multiple venues at once.
If you have ever managed huge sites with 10 different developers, you know how difficult it is to maintain the same content style or maintain consistency throughout the website. Each individual has a different set of creativity and therefore, each one ends up designing a web page in a completely different way than other. By the time manager fixes one thing, another 5 things are popped-up elsewhere.
Most companies use CMS in a very rigid manner. They give access to only a fixed number of styles to the content creator in order to put-up their content. With the constant need of new style development, blank template was introduced. Now nearly every CMS has blank templates, which includes an option for selecting new and attractive styles. It basically allows the content owner freedom to do whatever needs to be done to get the page up and working.
Content Management in Corporation
A content management tool plays a significant role within the organization. It provides Web access to Web page content owners directly and allows for faster updates of Web pages. Content Management systems have the capability to track logins to various pages within the site thus creating accountability. It also upholds standardization rules
It is seen that the creators of the content or content owners are often required to have knowledge about HTML; whereas it is not necessary that a great content owner would have mastered HTML as well. Therefore, CMS has surfaced the ability to manage HTML that facilitates the content owner to concentrate on the content than worrying about their HTML skills. It provides an easy-to-use interface where content owners don’t need to know HTML.
Why use Drupal CMS?
Drupal website developers build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Build thousands of add-on modules with Drupal module developers and Hire Drupal developers to design and build any site you can imagine.
Being an open source, it is free, flexible, robust and constantly being improved by hundreds of thousands of passionate Drupal developers India and across the world.
- Build: Build internal and external-facing websites in a matter of hours, with no custom programming. You can utilize a multi-site configuration or choose a Drupal distribution; therefore, there is no need to start from the scratch every time you develop a site.
- Create: Manage countless content type with an easy-to-use web interface.
- Administer: Options for account permissions, new users account, assigning roles, allowing user view and creating only what the administrator permits is also facilitated by Drupal.
- Design and Display: Drupal’s presentation layer allows designers to create highly usable, interactive experiences that engage users and increase traffic.
- Organize and Find: It comes with many tools to help you organize structure, find and re-use your content. It also allows to Categorize with taxonomy, automatically create friendly path URLs, create custom lists, and so on.
About Grey Matter India Technologies
Grey Matter India (GMI) Technologies Pvt. Ltd. is a leading IT services and solutions provider that excels at providing Web application development, offshore web application development, mobile application development, portal developments, CMS development, and so on.