Last year has brought many innovations in the CMS Web Development world. With the beginning of the year 2014, developers and users have started expecting something more from the existing content management systems. It is the time for bold wishes, future plans, and lion-hearted predictions. Being a developer, you might be planning to dive into the CMS web development in this new year but you might be willing to know the fate of all the major CMSs in 2014. Let’s make some predictions about the most-awaited content management systems’ updates, releases and improvements.
Based on the current trends and preferences of the website owners, WordPress, Joomla and Drupal have been the leading content management systems. There is no denying that each of them has absorbed the reasonable parts of market share, engaged millions of users and organizations and produced top websites ever. However, it is important to know what will be the fate of all these CMSs and what you can expect from all these three content management systems in the year 2014.
While WordPress has been extensively preferred by most of the developers and organizations, Joomla and Drupal are also used by millions of users across the globe. So, how each of these CMSs will perform in the year 2014? What more you can expect from them? Let’s find it out!
WordPress in 2014 – New updates, versions or something else?
Today, WordPress holds a strong market position as compared to the other content management systems available in the market. The only reason behind this is the flexibility and ease of use offered by it, but would it be easy for WordPress to maintain its position in the year 2014? Would it bring any new enhancements? Let’s take a look at the future enhancements in the coming year:
- Twenty Fourteen Theme – With the start of the new year, the new design option has also distinguished. It is a new default magazine designed theme which is quite easy to install and you may display your content in the magazine layout on the go.
- Expect debut of WordPress 3.9! Well, you may feel surprised but the year 2014 will be the year of new WP version release – 3.9.
- More customization – WordPress team is now planning to implement JSON application that will give the users more options to make their site the way they want. It is an alternative for XML and used to transmit data between server and applications.
Joomla 2014 – Stable version, more features, enhancements and more!
Of course, Joomla has faced many problems to hold its position in the market but still it is an optimal solution for the middle-oriented site owners. So, what should we expect from Joomla in the year 2014? More simplicity or its common high level robust features.
Joomla 3.5 will be on the floor! Joomla team always delivers more features, bug fixes and new opportunities for the developers as well as for the site owners with the each version release. It is time for you guys to expect the new Joomla 3.5 release which means Joomla 2.5 won’t be supported anymore!
Drupal 2014 – New version, security upgrades and more!
Conventionally, Drupal team has made certain plans and will bring some innovative features for sure. However, you can expect the following things:
- Ready to welcome Drupal 8! A much awaited Drupal 8 is going to debut in the year 2014. This version is already considered as one of the most customizable and adaptable CMS platforms.
- Ganeti cluster – a great enhancement of Drupal. It will enable to provide better test bots with increased access for better responsiveness to community requirements.
- More robust and powerful security features.
The year 2014 seems quite promising for CMS web development with new releases, enhancements and security updates. What else you expect from the CMSs in the coming year? Make your wish!