You can find plenty of information regarding new features and functionalities of iOS 7. But there are still some features that you might have missed out. Let’s explore such hidden features of iOS 7 that are still unknown to you.
• Turn Parallax On / Off – if you don’t like the new iOS 7 Parallax effect on wallpapers, you can easily turn it off! You can turn off a Parallax effect by simply going to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and turn it off. You can also turn it on whenever you want.
• Enable Motion Sensing Controls – You all know that with the iOS 7, you are allowed to launch Siri or press the Home button by simply tilting your head or pull down Notification Center by tilting your head to the left. It sounds epic, but you can easily enable motion sensing controls from the Accessibility tab in setting. All you have to do is to tap on Switch control to turn it on and then go to Switches to set up them the way they perform different actions.
• Block Callers and Unnecessary Messages – This is one of the amazing features to use, specifically if you’re tired of receiving unwanted calls and messages! Simply open the contact bugging you, scroll all the way down in contact details and tap Block this Caller. That contact won’t be able to call you again in the future! For the messages, to manage the blocked ones, head over to Settings > Messages > Blocked. This successfully applies to FaceTime and iMessages as well.
• Siri To Enable / Disable System Toggles – Siri can do a lot more than just telling you about the weather, calling a specific contact, settings reminder and so on. With iOS 7, you can now press and hold the Home button to launch Siri and say – for example – ‘Turn Wi-Fi on’ and Siri will turn on Wi-Fi for you. You can also disable system toggles using Siri.
• Enable / Disable Advertising Tracking– No one likes unnecessary advertisements in their iPhone. If you want to get rid of such irritating advertisements, you can go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising and disable Limit Ad Tracking. Moreover, this feature also saves battery life by a fraction.
• Zoom Into Album Art In iOS 7 Music App – The new Music app in iOS 7 shows your music album art is a neat tiled pattern in landscape mode, and moreover, you can actually zoom in or out your album art by simply using pinch gestures, just try it!
As you can see, there are some really amazing features that many of you’ve missed out in iOS 7. However, there are lots more things you can leverage from iOS 7 for your iPhone application development. Do you know other hidden features of iOS 7?
Share it in the comments…!