JotCall is mobile CRM application that was specially built to improve efficiency and increase productivity by turning mobile devices into useful business tools! This app enables access to critical business data on the go and proves to be of great help to those whose work profiles demand constant travel – like field technicians or sales personnel. Technology boom brought with it very many convenient solutions and JotCall is one such intuitive mobile app that boosts productivity and provides organizations with an easier way to manage daily business.
JotCall comes in Personal Free and Personal Pay versions. It’s a user-friendly app for Android users that seamlessly integrates into your CRM system and can work in both online and offline modes. This essentially means that users can view, create, delete or modify information and access data anytime!
Intuitive Design: The app included an intuitive layout and rich graphics. Alluring and engaging UI designs made the app visually appealing to a mobile user. The user friendly layout and screen navigations automatically inspire action.
Information Access: Information access anywhere anytime is the key feature of JotCall. The first Personal Free version of JotCall that will be released will help you stay updated and organize your contacts in a better way. You can jot down special notes regarding a recent conversation that you had with a marketing lead, or client etc. You can even categorize contacts and label them with different colors. Within a few taps and swipes, you can add, delete, modify and organize notes on your mobile device.
Cloud Powered: The Personal Pay version of JotCall or the Web version has great features for those who are always online. JotCall enables sharing of information and storing it on our secure cloud servers within a few clicks. The ability of data to be synced with other devices makes it more “available” and “portable”.
Information Availability: JotCall’s enterprise version allows you to streamline business processes and work flow by integrating into your existing CRM and providing you with accurate and most updated data on the Go! Administrative privileges enable users to access to the core of the app including the various functionalities such as to create, modify and manage infinite groups, keep track of employee’s call logs, assign levels to different user’s depending on their role in the organization, publish notes for different groups, send updates, maintain access to critical information and a lot more!
The team faced the following challenges:
- The project required complete understanding of the application structure. It required understanding of what Personal Pay, Free and Enterprise versions should include.
- It also included the understanding of Android concepts and how they will work for the application.
- Facilitation of data transfer and syncing.
- Safe and secure data transactions.
- Powerful search capabilities needed to be incorporated for searching and displaying notes and recent conversations.
- Cloud servers needed to be robust and secure to facilitate critical data access.
|Operating System & Server Management||Android OS, Multi-Server Architecture with Staging & Production environment through Version controlling releases Load Balancer, Apache optimization, security and SSL implementation, scheduler for backups, alert monitoring system integration, server performance tuning at regular intervals, software firewall configuration and maintenance, email server configuration etc.|
|Development Tools & Environments||PHP5+, AJAX, HTML5, CSS3, Java Script, Android SDK, Eclipse etc.|
|Database||SQLite Database, DB Clustering,DB Optimization, High Availability, Master – Slave Replication, Query optimization, Slow QueryOptimization, scheduler for backups, Alert Monitoring System integration etc.|
The following development plan was charted taking into account the functionaries that the application demanded.
- Data storage on user’s mobile as well as cloud to ensure that there is no data loss.
- Time saving due to feaures like jotting notes as per contact basis and also use colored label categorize to differentiate contacts.
- Enabling powerful search capabilities for recent call logs and relevant notes.
- Study of various CRM systems to incorporate the application’s feature for integration.
- Jotcall is integrated with Salesforce CRM, SugarCRM & VtigerCRM
- Continuous data syncing and accurate data transfer with minimal or no loss.
Android kernal is Linux based and the core system services like security, memory management, process management, network management and driver model relies on this Linux kernel. It also acts an an abstraction layer between the software and the underlying Android phone hardware.
The middleware includes runtime libraries. These libraries include core libraries of the Java programming language and Dalvik virtual machine which allows every Android application runs in its own process.
The upper level is the Application Framework. It offers features for developers to take advantage of and build rich applications.