The eCommerce merchants have started realizing the importance of multivendor marketplace. It is a platform where buyers and sellers unite, creating a win-win situation for them. While vendors get to sell to large number of customers, at the same time, customers also get large options of products to choose from various sellers, so that they can choose the one that sells at the lowest price.
Just like millions of online store owners, the client is one of them who sell products online and his requirement is to convert his online store into fully fledged marketplace. He wants us to build a Groupon like marketplace. This multi vendor Magento eCommerce marketplace unites multiple vendors and sellers.
The specific client requirement was:
- It sells two types of goods; Shippable and non shippable (services and restaurants)
- Products have three types of prices for two types of price for shippable goods (buy it now and MSRP) and non shippable services (buy it now, reserve deal and MSRP)
- Two types of vendor subscription; basic and premium
- Only reserve deal for basic
- 3 months of free access
- Price for premium – 90 dollars per month
- Ad posting
- Product creation
- Integrated bootstrap
- Vendor panel
Our highly skilled and experience Magento professionals considered client requirements and the features of this B2B Magento multi vendor marketplace to build it successfully. However, they faced following difficulties:
- Vendor registration flow in 5 step process was one of the most difficult things to implement
- Product creation like Amazon with dynamic product attribute
- Integrated bootstrap
- Mobile optimization for vendor panel
- Calculating royalties was tough too
- Managing deals and advertiser was not so easy
- Dash board
- Managing deals for level 3 users was hard
|Operating System & Server Management||Red Hat Linux OS, Multi-Server Architecture with Staging & Production Environment through Version Controlling releases, Server Optimization, Security & SSL Implementation, Scheduler for Back-ups, Alert Monitoring System Integration, Server Performance Tuning at regular intervals, Software Firewall Configuration & Maintenance|
|Development Tools & Environments||PHP5+, Magento Community Edition 1.9, Zend Framework, Apache/NGINX Web Server, AJAX, Java Script, HTML5, CSS3 etc.|
|Database||MYSQL Database Server, DB Clustering, DB Optimization, Master Slave Replication, Query Optimization, Scheduler for Backups|
Planning being the pillar of any project, our team first studied and researched about the industry, discussed and understood the requirements of B2B Magento eCommerce multi vendor marketplace project and then analyzed them. Our team of expert designers and developers started planning along with the guidance of project managers. Keeping the structure of the marketplace and features in mind, they planned it in such a way that it becomes easy to use for client, vendors as well as customers. They planned the implementation of all the functionalities and features as mentioned by the client.
Taking the client requirements into the consideration, the team decided to make the use of Magento community edition architecture to develop this Magento eCommerce marketplace.
- This B2B eCommerce deals platform project duration – 2 months
- 5 step process vendor registration process
- Integrated bootstrap and vendor panel mobile optimization
- Amazing deals for customers everyday
- Helped in boosting up sales and revenue