Client required an application to enhance customer shopping experience as well as travelling experience. Client serves a customer base that is exclusive and emphasizes on privacy and quality. Customer requested an iPad application that could present his customers with the shopping catalogs from top brands, merchants as well as entertainment magazines.
Client’s exact requirements were:
- Users should be able to find exactly what they are looking for with refined lists and filters.
- Ability to learn more about wines with an exhaustive list of wines and wine gift catalog by wine type, region, appellation, varietal, professional ratings, and wine style.
- Offer customers with great value offers like “90+ Point Rated Wines under $20″.
- Customers should have the ability to review, rate and save the wines they tried.
- Customers should have the ability to create lists and edit them as well as send them to friends.
- Customers should be able to add to cart and buy from the #1 Online wine shop.
The team faced the following challenges
- A promenade view which showed 2 vertical carousels – Cover flows having views with mirrored
- Creating a document directory that was to be maintained to store all the rich UI content in PDF form. Ability to download it uninterruptedly.
- Maintaining a database of all the activities of users on a local database.
|Operating System & Server Management||iOS, Windows OS, Multi-Server Architecture with Staging & Production Environment through Version Controlling releases, Server Optimization, Security & SSL Implementation, Alert Monitoring System Integration, Server Performance Tuning at regular intervals, Software Firewall Configuration & Maintenance|
|Development Tools & Environments||Xcode 4.2.1, Storyboard, SQLite Framework, iOS SDK 5.0, Objective C, Core Data Framework etc.|
|Database||SQLite Database Server, DB Clustering, DB Optimization, Master Slave Replication, Query Optimization, Scheduler for Backups|
|Quality Assurance Testers||1|
Taking into consideration the enormous nature of the site, the following development approach was used.
- High level of data fetching technology and server technology was used.
- Research was scheduled to estimate the actual output that is in the form of different verticles and business logics.
- High level development standards were used for managing data volumes and synchronization
was maintained for recent updates.
- Flawless development of the User Interface Layer.
This application was built around objective C and core data framework. Later on, it was made compatible with iOS SDK 5.1. All modules were designed using foundation, core graphics and UIKIT frameworks. All user interface items were placed in view and controllers and were linked with controller files project along with the outlets, actions of the UI element. Geo-fencing technology was used at different stages. Third party tools were successfully integrated. The app was successfully developed within a span of 3 months.