The advent of web 2.0 has raised the standard of web application development by bringing into picture an advanced breed of services and benchmarks such as Rich Internet Applications (RIA),e-commerce platforms, social networking sites, blogs, wikis, online collaboration, audio-video streaming and communication tools.
Being a high-level, general purpose, interpreted and dynamic programming language, Perl borrows handsome features of other programming languages to provide a platform for state-of-the-art Perl application development. Perl has become the language of choice for UNIX system administrators and is also used for graphics programming, system administration, network programming and applications that require database access and CGI programming. Perl has quickly become the dominant language for CGI programming.
Apache web server’s mod_perl allowing Perl programs to be run directly from the server, and interfaces such as DBI, the Perl Database Interface, providing a stable API for integration of back-end databases.
Perl is platform-independent and works well on various platforms. It also provides various features that help you build enterprise level applications and enterprise solutions development.
Few of them are listed below:
- Modularization (i.e. packages)
- Object-oriented techniques
- Perl’s unparalleled ability to process text, using powerful features like regular expressions.
- It has a very good memory management, efficiently implemented data structures for lists and hashes.
In addition, Perl is open source and has large community support.
GMI possesses vast experience in Perl application development owing to the large number of projects that have been successfully executed by our Perl development experts. Working on cutting edge technologies such as LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL & Perl) has afforded us expertise in working on Perl scripts that run in the background and perform various site related activities like backup, cleaning up data, regular expression related features etc…
Our Perl Competencies are a result of:
- Perl Technology Excellence – Core Competency Subject Matter Experts
- Extensive & skilled development experience on LAMP architecture
- Proven and tested social networking platforms for LAMP environments
- Proven Web 2.0 Development Skills – As a low cost provider
- Open Source Leadership – Powerful systems can be designed truly from a high performance / low cost standard
- Business Intelligence /Consulting approach – Dedicated consultants to work with the client to help implement and mould his/her ideas into end results