There is no denying that Joomla web development has gained immense popularity across the world, and this is the reason why businesses and organizations across the world go for Joomla Development Company in India.
Being an open source CMS (Content Management System), it offers an ease of managing contents and information over the site. However, many organizations often prefer to hire professional Joomla developers to act as a helping hand, but do they really help you know each and every thing about Joomla web development? In this article, we’ll discuss a few things that even a Joomla professional or techie won’t let you know or tell you.
Here’re the top 5 basic concepts about Joomla that will be useful for you to build Joomla websites in the future:
– Create a separate domain: It is always a good practice to create two different domains on your host, and host your Joomla on both of them. This is quite useful in the event when you make some big mistake as you can easily use the other spare domain available with you with the saved data.
– Know FTP better: It is important that you understand what FTP (File Transfer Protocol) software is. Always have a clear understanding about it by navigating to the directories on your hosted server and disable the installation directory of Joomla. You can easily change or delete it with the help of your FTP software. You must rename the file you will find on your root directory called htaccess.txt to htaccess. Your SEO won’t work unless you accomplish this task.
– SEF: If you don’t like see those ugly and lengthy URLs, it is important to use this amazing plugin called “Search Engine Friendly URLs. It will help you make the URLs of your Joomla websites SEO-friendly by reducing its length.
– Choose a template: Even before you begin adding your content; it is very crucial you make a choice of template in order to check how your website will look when it will be created. However, you should make sure that the template you choose is compatible with the control panel software of your site. You may find plenty of readily available Joomla templates for your website, but make sure you choose the one that reflect your business or services.
– Don’t overlook the password control: If you wish to build a robust Joomla website, you will have to create accounts on many other websites. This means you will have multiple username and passwords. However, you should keep track of account details like usernames and passwords.
Apart from all these, there are a lot of basic things like installing a directory, forums, installing a control panel and more. Make sure you keep in mind all of the above basic aspects that even a Joomla pro or techie won’t discuss with you about whenever creating a website using the Joomla platform.
Do you have more things to share? Share your views in the comment section.