Nearly every business small or large has software development needs. But the biggest question is whether to outsource their software development cycle. India has become the biggest name and has come a long way in the field of technology. Also, it has become the most preferred destination for outsourcing your software development projects. With the expanding horizons of software requirements for any type of business, the software development companies in India have gained a strong foothold in the international market.
Many people have strong opinions about whether to outsource their software needs or stay in-house. In this blog post, we will discuss some of the pros and cons of outsourcing software development.
- Broader expertise: With outsourcing your software development needs you gain access to a wide range of skills and expertise than you likely would with people you hire in-house.
- Cost factor: Outsourcing will tend to be more cheaper than paying for the in-house employees. The average cost of an software developer is quite less in India as compared to the cost in countries like USA, UK or Germany.
- Saving time: Often software companies work on a project-by-project basis. Instead of hiring a new staff altogether you can outsource certain aspect of the project until the project is complete. This will help you save time and money.
- Access: If your developer is sick or on vacation you might be out of luck. But with a service provider you are likely to have multiple people who can help you when you need it.
- Turnover: IT companies often see employees come and go. This may frustrate the client who crave for consistency.
- Communication barrier: People who choose overseas consultants for the lower price often end up frustrated with communication and language difficulties.
- Lack of customer focus: A service provider is catering to the expertise needs of multiple organizations at a same time. In such situations, the vendors lack complete focus on your organization’s tasks.
Are you struggling with the in-house vs. outsourcing decision for your company? We will be happy to sit down with you and chalk out a complete plan. Of course, we believe that outsourcing makes more sense. But before actually outsourcing your project needs to any of the service provider consider both the pros and cons. And still you believe to outsource your project it is advisable to specifically determine the importance of the tasks which are to be outsourced.