In this app freak world, all types of businesses depend upon the IT companies, expecting them to provide them a software and application that helps them grow their businesses and achieve goals. To build an app, the technology that reduces the development time and cost and makes reliable, scalable and effective apps needs to be used. That is exactly when the .NET technology comes into the picture.
.NET, a development platform created by Microsoft has been successful and useful since the time of inception. It had become one of the highest used platforms, for building websites. However, in this app age, .Net has been in the use to develop the applications too. It has got remarkable features that benefit businesses, if used for building apps. Before we get into the features and benefits of .NET applications, let us take a look at the types of applications which can be developed using dot net. So, here is the list.
- Customer relationship management
- Product/inventory applications
- Web sites
- Integration with partners through the Internet
- PDA (hand-held) applications
- Warehousing applications using hand-held devices
- Value chain/supply management
- XML Web services
- Accounting applications
Now that you are aware of the types of apps you can build using the dot net technology, let us take a look at some of the most important benefits of building applications in .NET. Here we go.
1. Scalability: You may start as a small company, but would definitely grow soon. .Net develops apps for you keeping that in mind. So, the apps are scalable, so that it can be updated and extended, as your company expands.
2. Maintainability: The configurable settings make the dot net apps easily maintainable, as you need not re-write the code, making the maintenance process easy, quick and cost effective.
3. Deployment: .NET solves the past DLL issue and makes the deployment of the applications easier and quicker than before.
4. Reliability: Because of the numerous built-in checks and balances, it makes the applications extremely reliable and robust.
5. Security: The .net framework has been popular for the best security since the beginning. It still continues to be the most secured platform to build apps.
6. Cross platform: The dot net application can run on the desktop, mobile browser, your PDA or any other device, without re-writing the code.
7. Interoperation with existing applications: The .NET can interact with any type of code; be it C++, Java or any other. So, it will not affect the existing code of your organization.
8. Integration with legacy systems: As .NET can write files in any format and consume all types of XML documents, it can be integrated with all legacy systems.
Now that you are aware of the benefits of asp.net applications, it is advisable for you to hire .Net developer who is highly qualified and experienced. There are a lot of companies that provide the .NET application development services, make sure you choose the one which is reliable and reputed.